Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Breakfast Recipe

Ok this goes in the "don't knock it 'til you try it" category. I good friend of mine at work gave me this great recipe (thanks Wendi!). It's filling, hardy, stays with you, and is only 3 points...can I get a "Hell yeah!"? Apparently we all know (I just found out) that steal cut oatmeal is really good for you - it's less processed and therefore is better for the bod. It also takes 20-30 minutes to cook. Do you have that kind of time in the morning? I don't! So I made the oatmeal the night before, let it cool, and cut it into slices (think pizza slices). See picture at right. When cut into 8 pieces, the oatmeail is 2 points a slice. Wrap each slice in foil or put it in a baggie and throw in the fridge. In the morning, take out the slice, put it in a bowl. Put a little water in it, mush it up, put in the microwave for a minute. Ok, here's where it gets adventourous: put a 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese (1 point) into the oatmeal, a packet of splenda, and cinnamin to taste and stir. Then add whatever fresh fruit you would like. My favorite is banana or strawberries and blue berries. Stir the fruit in. Then microwave for 30 seconds. Then chow down! You have a great breakfast for 3 points Do you have any good breakfast recipes? Share 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment